Mount Crested Butte

Mount Crested Butte

Friday, October 5, 2012

I haven't left my bed in 7 hours.

All I wanted to do today was eat fajitas (the Hispanic club is to blame) and go see Taken 2.  I hate One The Border and I was craving their fajitas, I had checked showtimes and had mentally prepared myself to go see this movie.  The only issue with all of this was that I did not have anyone to partake on my afternoon adventures with.  Once I set my mind on something I am determined to make it happen, it's the way my brain works.  If the thought of frozen yogurt pops in my head, I will be thinking about it until I eat frozen yogurt, if I tell myself I want a certain kind of necklace I will think about that necklace until it is in my possession.  This has served as a sever issue.  I had myself convinced I was going to eat fajitas and see this movie today even if I was going to do it by myself. 

I was walking to my car hoping someone would randomly call me, text me, see me and say, "Hey Heather, I am craving fajitas & I really want to go see this movie! Do you have anything going on this afternoon?"  I honestly believed that was going to happen, HA.  Well I ended up at home, sitting at my kitchen table with the same sandwich I eat twice a day and Grey's Anatomy on the TV.  I was let down, I was legitimately upset at my current situation and at myself for getting my own hopes up.  

After lunch I crawled in bed and watched more Grey's Anatomy, took a two hour nap, woke up, watched more Grey's Anatomy, read, caught up on all the blogs I follow and wallowed a little bit.  The reason I am telling you all this is because I hate wasting my days!  I got plenty of sleep last night, a whopping 9 hours, I was not tired when I got in bed this afternoon, but I slept anyway.  I wanted to go on an adventure today, I wanted to enjoy this cool weather my heart has been ACHING for, I wanted to have fun & make the most out of a plan-free Friday afternoon/evening.  Well none of that happened, I am still in bed.  I have gotten up for water and to grab my camera so I could capture my oh-so-eventuful Friday in bed.  

I have been trying this whole "having fun" thing out and I enjoy it.  "Having fun" means staying up PAST midnight, starting movies at 11 PM, enjoying the company of friends, driving around Lubbock with no where to go and saying "yes" when friends ask me to hang out, despite how tired and worn down I may be.  Before starting my "having fun" spree I was more interested in getting enough sleep than almost anything, I would always ALWAYS put school work first (and although that is important, go have fun, then do school!).  I AM IN COLLEGE, WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?! I need to have fun, I need to be adventurous, I need to enjoy what's left of my college career, so I guess that is why I got so upset that I wasted a perfectly good day in bed being unproductive.  However I really did enjoy it, in hindsight.  I am still a little bitter, but I am well rested…   

Sometimes, well actually all the time, the Lord knows what we need better than we know what we need.  Apparently today I needed sleep.  

[I still have fajitas & Taken 2 on my mind. Someone join me sometime this weekend/week :)] 


My view for the day. 


Wallowing. 


At least I had a good book, cheeze-its, my favorite sweatshirt blanket & "The Stars of Track & Field" to keep me company.  

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Heather I just LOVE this post! Sounds like a day I wish I could have sometime sooooon… :) You are too cute & I love reading when you post! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete