Mount Crested Butte

Mount Crested Butte

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Denver through the eyes of a wanna-be local.

Saturday afternoons; they are the best time of the entire week, hands down.  For one, the amount of laziness that is accepted is at its peak, and for two, rain or shine they are the prettiest day out of the seven.  Plus, the way "Saturday afternoon" rolls off my tongue makes me want to lay a wet one on every person I see.  There is a lot of magic to be experienced on this particular day of the week and this past Saturday was no exception.  

I love pictures for reasons I cannot put into words, so my sweet friend Brittany and I took a long walk through downtown Denver this past Saturday to capture the city from our perspective.  When I say our perspective I mean the things we notice that other people might ignore or avoid.  

The church lawn, across the street from my house, is home to many and on a I-can't-breathe-it's-so-hot afternoon the trees that line the sidewalk are rumored to be the hotspot for a little shut eye, as proven by this man.  

To the people who find comfort in shopping carts and benches along Colfax; thanks for being friendly and for ALWAYS returning my smile with a smile or a real slick head nod.  

One of the many reasons Colfax is referred to as the Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

CSM Denver hosts are a regular at this joint; crunchy french toast is a MUST & they might as well put a plaque with our names on it at the booth in the back against the door.  I already know that some of our very best memories of this summer will be made here!  

They hire the homeless & I have yet to try their pizza, but I've heard UNREAL things about it.  

Colfax, thanks for being beautiful, in a very broken way.  




I have a new found obsession with this building.  JUST LOOK AT IT.  


The Denver Mint is the PRETTIEST building in the city of Denver.  But, that's only if you don't count the houses that line Downing Street.  



In case you forgot, west texans, trees are a thing and they are big and beautiful & GREEN & I just wanna hang out with them all day.  

Preach it Municipal Office Building wall, PREACH IT!  


There are several pianos on 16th street mall and I am thankful to the city of Denver for putting them there.  Music is joy, especially when my sweet homeless friends are the ones making it.  


This guy can make a goldfish appear from under his hat.  I flipped.  

I talked about Steve in my last post, this is him.  Brittany and I got to talking to him for another hour when we were on our photo escapade.  Once again, he's BRILLIANT and as much as he pretends to hate us for distracting him from work, he loves to ask questions.  

Just a little 16th street humor!! 

Life is sweet and I still can't believe this is real life.  Praise the Lord for giving me a new lens to look at His people through!!

No comments:

Post a Comment