Mount Crested Butte

Mount Crested Butte

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Grandma's & shopping.

On a day to day basis my favorite kind of people are parents.  The way they love, the way they cook, the way they want to be apart of every aspect of my life.  It's cute, really.  But on a day I get to spend time with either of my Grandma's, grandma's are my favorite kind of people.  



This woman's name is Nana and she is British.  This lovely lady was raised in Manchester, England then moved to the States when she met my Grandaddy.  It's a great love story, but maybe it's only great to me because they're part of my story too.  Rather than boring you with the sweet details of how he had to ask her to marry him 3 times & move across the world so they could build a life together or the beautiful story I've heard 736 times (approximately) about how she waited under the clock tower in Germany for him I'll go ahead and move onto why she is the most precious lady on planet Earth.  She probably beats out all the Nana's on Mars and Jupiter too, but really I can only speak for this planet.  She drinks tea almost every afternoon.  TEA.  Because she's BRITISH.  She appreciates every single second of the day and all of the little adventures that come along with being 88 years old.  We went and visited Nana in her adorable retirement home last weekend & we brought Christmas with us.  We brought her a few presents, but before she unwrapped them she hugged them!! She then peeled off all the wrapping paper with such technique leaving the paper completely intact.  The way this woman appreciates life is BEAUTIFUL.  The way she loves is BEAUTIFUL.  The way she gives so generously is BEAUTIFUL.  In this picture Nana was sharing old photos with me.  We went through about 4 albums.  My dad and her told stories about my Grandaddy that I never got to meet.  In one of those albums was a picture taken by him of JFK the day before he was shot (HOOOOOWWWWW COOOOOOOL!!!!!!).  He was a professional photographer for the the government!!  I can only dream to be as cool as him, or my Nana.  You can learn a lot from your grandparents.  Lots of old wisdom that can only be given by such sweet souls.  



Now this is Grandma and she is as cute as a button.  She told me she loves reading my blogs so here's you're little shout-out Grandma!  I am blessed by this woman's love.  We ventured to Grandbury yesterday for a little shopping day.  We spent a good two hours at BABES (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) talking about love languages (my favorite topic for any conversation) and such.  We then walked and talked and walked and talked and she stressed out about buying the perfect Christmas presents for everyone.  Shannon & I played dress up then took a fat nap in the car on the drive home.  

Grandma's, they're the sweetest, cutest, most lovely people and although I'm a little bias, these are two of the greatest this worlds got! 


Just a few pictures from our shopping day: 






I realize this is only half of Shannon's face, but I LOVE this picture.



Remember those RIDICULOUS popcorn shirts from forever ago?  Confession:  I always wanted one.  Thank you Mom & Dad for never following through with my requests of owning one of these… shirts that fit anyone.  


This is our attempt at a sorority girl pose.  Nailed it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment